I thought it would be fun as well as useful for my readers to recap my top Flooring articles for the year. These are sorted based on number of clicks in 2012. If I think back to one year ago, I was starting to wonder if this new blog was even worth it. I did a bunch of work to it during December, but it was the holidays, so traffic to the site was low and there was no way to tell if I was even going in the right direction.
Well fast forward 1 year later and I’m now getting over 13,000 unique visitors a month, plenty of blog comments and lots of phone calls (and emails)all across the country. And, of course many of the homeowners of Westchester County are calling us for appointments so we can help them with their floors.
Looking back at 2012, I wanted to note my top 10 posts. My hardwood flooring posts tend to do the best as I think those are the areas where customer have the most questions.
1. Red Oak Flooring vs White Oak Flooring – What’s the difference? The article explains the 2 different species of oak hardwood.
2. Water vs Oil based polyurethane – what’s the difference? This post consistently generates the most phone calls and emails – both local and out-of-towners. It helps consumers understand the pros and cons between these 2 types of polyurethane. Apparently, many flooring contractors don’t explain this to their customers which I think is a shame. I believe in education.
3. Can you change the color of your hardwood floors? Many don’t realize that you can go from dark to light or vice versa…once it’s sanded, it’s like raw hardwood again! From there, you can test and choose whichever color you prefer.
4. How long does it take to refinish hardwood floors? This article explains how long it takes to refinish hardwood floors. Most people don’t realize and they really should plan ahead! This will really help you out especially if you are moving into a new home soon.
5. Hardwood Stain color trends This article shows the hot stain colors especially for the Westchester market.
6. Should I refinish my hardwood floors or replace them? Many don’t realize that most hardwood floors can be refinished and will look good as new (or very close to it).
7. Kitchen flooring – Is hardwood or tile better? This post explains the pros and cons for hardwood and tile floors for kitchens. Please note that it’s geared more towards people in the Westchester area as well as Northeast/Mid Atlantic. There are different preferences and building constructions in warmer climates.
8. Hardwood flooring that is best for pets This was the first version I wrote on this topic, but see below for the new and improved version.
9. Hardwood flooring that is best for dogs This is the new and improved version. It’s projecting to my 5th highest post.
10. Dark hardwood flooring in westchester? Yes, dark hardwood flooring is in baby!