Carpet in Westchester NY – A broad array of styles, colors and fibers
Carpeting is soft, warm and comfortable on your feet – perfect for bedrooms, basements and runners on steps. Carpet comes in an almost endless array of colors and styles for the look and feeling you want. Textures are plush, looped, or patterned to bring out the personality of almost any room. Whether you’re looking for a rich luxurious wool carpet, a soft nylon or a practical looped berber carpet for your basement, our Design Associate will help you find the best carpet options for your desired style and budget for your home in Westchester NY.
Here are some factors to consider when thinking about carpet for your home in Westchester NY and Stamford CT:
Carpet is a soft on your feet
- Carpet is comfortable, soft, and warm underfoot
- Sound absorbing fibers and proper padding mean quieter rooms, making carpet a popular choice for second-story hallways and bedrooms
- Carpets tend to be warmer than hard surfaces
- Regular vacuuming and periodic shampooing greatly prolong the life of your carpet
Carpet color and styles
- Countless colors and textures allow carpet to fit into almost any décor
- Dark, rich colors can draw a room in, creating a cozy feel
- Lighter colored carpet opens up a room and can make it seem larger
- A tone on tone pattern (one color but part of it is cut and part looped to create a design) is a fun way to add dimension to the room, without introducing a new color or distracting from your furniture and window treatments
Carpeting is practical from a budget standpoint:
- Carpeting is usually the least expensive out of all flooring surfaces (but prices do vary based on the quality.
- Carpet is soft and flexible..so, if your floors are sloped or uneven, have no feat as the carpet will flex to your setting.
Carpet runners are a great option for steps:
- Runners can be decorative, adding flair to your front end steps
- Carper runners improve safety on steps – less slipping. Perfect for moms with newborns, toddlers or aging pets
- Runners are generally put on top of hardwood steps so that the hardwood is still exposed on either side for an upscale look.
More info on types of carpeting in Westchester NY and Stamford CT
Types of carpet
Carpet and runners for Westchester NY