Black and white stenciled and mosaic tiles for a modern farmhouse styled bathroom and a classic vintage look
These stenciled black and white tiles are so eye catching. In fact, some are mesmerizing. These tiles are stylish as they’re both retro and contemporary at the same time. I know, it sounds like a contradiction, but it’s not.
What’s old is new again..just reinvented. These tiles are reminiscent of what you’d see during the Art Deco Era (1910-1939) as well as the Victorian Era (1837-1901), so they signal high quality, nostalgia and a touch of class. They are both classic and classy.
Unlike those bygone eras, these tiles are primarily black and white (or black, white and gray), so they are less busy and less cluttered than in the past (where they used lots of bright colors). Because they are monochromatic, they very easy to decorate with.. You can go for a black and white decor (or black/white/gray), or add in a bright or fun popular (via paint color or towels, accessories. Virtually anything goes (and yes, I love Cole Porter).
The patterns tend to be geometric, delicate and often flow together. These tiles and mosaics have stood the test of time.
There are really 2 different directions you can go with this:
1. Stenciled tile look for a vintage style or farmhouse decor. these tiles by themselves don’t capture the full image…it’s only by arranging them together that the full pattern is revealed. Yes, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. And, if you have a larger space, you can get fun with them to create a border with a reverse white and black pattern. Or, you could even try altering by rows.
2. A delicate mosaic style. These usually come in a meshed sheet, so they are fairly easy to install. These work particularly well in small spaces, especially small bathroom, powder rooms and even small entryways. They are more classic and you really never need to worry about them going out of style. Nowadays, many are upgrading from porcelain/ceramic tiles up to marble. When it’s a small area, it doesn’t cost that much to upgrade and choose what you love.
These tiles tend to look extra awesome if you have white wainscoting, bead boards, or shiplap on the walls.
So I’ve gathered 15+ tile options for you – both stenciled tiles and mosaics – all black and white (or black, white and gray). If you click on the pictures below or the links, it will take you directly to the source where you can find the current price and other info. All of these are reasonably priced.
Please note that this article contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.
15+ Black and White Vintage tiles for a classic or farmhouse style bathroom.
You may enjoy these tiles on Amazon:
Black and white stenciled vintage tiles:
Black and white mosaic tiles:
- Farmhouse style paint colors
- 8 Ways to decorate with shiplap
- How to choose a farmhouse sink
- 2018 flooring trends
- 12 Farmhouse style hardwood floors