Beginner’s guide to On-page SEO (good for intermediates, too).
Are you new to SEO and wondering how to optimize your articles so that they rank well on Google (and the other search engines)? Or maybe you’ve been blogging for a while and learned a bit of SEO, but you’re still confused about some items. Well then you’ve come to the right place.
This ebook is designed for beginners and intermediates. I share how I do On-page optimization so that my articles rank well on the search engines. It’s all about demystifying the process.
What does this SEO ebook cover?
- The template I use to write my articles (easy 12 step process)
- The 9 steps you should do right after you publish your article
- The replacement for Google +
- 12 Super useful tips and free tools that most people don’t realize
- Why long form content is so valuable
- Comes with printable check list for the 12 steps to a well optimized post and 9 steps to get it indexed and active faster.
After the huge success of my first ebook (Easy Backlinks for SEO), I wanted to provide the prequel. Easy Backlinks is all about off-page optimization. It is Part 2 (yes, I know I went out of order…sorry). And, now I’m going in depth on Part 1.
A little about me and my experience:
I’ve been blogging since 2010. Back then, the main way to drive traffic to your site was SEO. So I learned everything there was to learn. I was a sponge and read hundreds of SEO articles. I was on a mission. I had to make it work. My brick and mortar business depended on it!
And, I succeeded. I wrote lots of laser focused long-tail search articles that were targeted to my ideal and local customer. And lo and behold, I was able generate 5 appointments a week (1/3 of my business).
And, then from there, I kept reading, learning and experimenting. I wasn’t trying to grow my page views (I was not monetizing back then, so I didn’t care). I only blogged once per month and kept growing and growing. I couldn’t help it. It just kept happening.
Fast forward, I’m now monetizing my blog, and after less than 2 years, I make a full time income (5 figures per month). I have well over 350,000 page views/month with around 60% Organic. (I do very well on Pinterest too!)
9 months ago, I started to coach some bloggers teaching them how to do SEO (these were one on one phone consultations). I just wanted to help them grow their blog (while making a bit of extra money which came in handy) while I was growing my blog. It turned out to be really fun, and I made some new connections and friends.
Well from there, word of mouth spread like wild fire, and I started to get very busy. My students (or clients or new found friends, blog-mates)…not sure what to call them…were thrilled with what they learned and they started to see some strong results. They suggested that I write this ebook. And, so I have.
I’ve coached over 75 bloggers (I’ve lost count) and have had a 3 month waiting list. I never imagined this would happen.
This ebook is over 120 pages. It is jam packed with information! I believe in delivering a quality product, so I’ve put my heart and soul into it.
I use SEO to get over 500,000 pageviews per month…
…and more importantly to earn more affiliate income. And, you can too! I’m not going to promise you a get rich quick solution. Slow and steady wins the race. SEO takes time, and it is gradual. Once you have it though, it’s long lasting and fairly passive.
It may not take that much time to do the work (I just incorporate this method into the blog posts I’m doing…so maybe it takes an extra 30 minutes to do), but it can take a while before the search engines start to pay attention to your site.
If you get started now, it means that you will get closer to your end goal sooner. AND, it will save rework later.
SEO seems like it’s confusing and overwhelming. Most bloggers think it’s harder than it actually is.
But, as you’ll see, writing well optimized posts is not that difficult once you know how. I outline my method for you, and you’ll see that once you know it, it’s just rinse and repeat.
There are 2 main components needed: On-page optimization and Off-page optimization. They each account for about 50% of the results. Yes, 50%. You need BOTH. (And, I coach people on both during my one on one sessions).
Why is SEO traffic so important?
- SEO traffic is more valuable than social media traffic. You are getting targeted customers who are much more likely to buy or convert. As a bonus, they stay on page longer giving you a higher RPM if you have ads. I would conservatively estimate that every pageview from organic traffic is worth at least 3x the traffic from Pinterest. (based on higher affiliate commissions, higher time on page, pages per session).
That is a conservative estimate. And, if I had higher earning affiliates (I get a lot from Amazon), I could easily see that figure doubling. And, let me state for the record that I love Pinterest traffic. But, I absolutely adore SEO traffic!
- SEO can lead to much more traffic, and it becomes cumulative. Every time you write a new post, it’s an opportunity to keep leveling up on your traffic and income. Further, because your posts link to each other, as one grows, it creates synergy with your other articles.
- Organic traffic is more consistent, sustainable and passive. Once you get SEO traffic it can last for years to come. Very little additional work needs to be done over the years (unlike Pinterest where you need to create new pins, schedule all the time, etc.)
- It’s important to diversify your traffic. things always change, and the more sources of traffic you have, the better off you are.
- SEO traffic is more challenging for your competitors to copy.
So what are you waiting for?
I’m not going to give you a sales pitch
For all you who don’t know me, I don’t blog about blogging, nor do I blog about making money online. Rather, I have a Home Decor blog. So, first, you should know that these principles apply to all types of blogs. Second, you should know that I’m not trying to get you into a funnel of additional blogging products or add you to my email list. (I don’t even do email LOL).
I could post lots of testimonials on here. Believe me, I’ve had more than 20 of my students volunteer to do this (and some even said they would post their results). And, these are people that paid me to teach them.
I also want to be straight forward on what I won’t cover in this training:
- Off-page optimization (you can find that ebook here).
These are important, and do I teach them one on one, but THIS ebook is all about On-page Optimization – the first step in building an amazing epic article.
This ebook isn’t for you if…
- You don’t take actions after you learn something
- You don’t have an interest in writing good content
- You feel like you know it all already
So, if you would like to learn how I structure and write my articles, I would love to teach you. I’ve been blogging since 2010 and I have tons of articles on Page 1 (and many in the top 3 slots). I’d love to help you get there, too.