Tile flooring and Kitchen Backsplashes in Westchester NY
Tile flooring is fun – artistic, personalized, stylish and strong. There are many types of tile – porcelain, ceramic, glass, metal, and natural stone (e.g. slate, granite, marble, tumbled stone, limestone). Tile is very practical for kitchens, bathrooms, entryways, mudrooms – any area where you may be concerned about water.
Tile comes in a wide range of textures, colors, and tones providing a palette for almost endless design possibilities. Our Design Associate can create the perfect look for your Westchester home using natural stone or tile flooring in patterns ranging from simple lines to more elaborate options customized for each room. We design and install tile floors, walls and backsplashes for homes in Westchester NY and Stamford CT area.
Bathroom tile video – Westchester NY
Benefits of tile flooring
- The durability of stone and ceramic tile make them well-suited to high traffic areas
- Porcelain tile is especially popular in entryways, bathrooms, and kitchens
- Stone and tile flooring can usually be cleaned using only a damp mop or sponge
- Some stone flooring can be sealed for better stain resistance, depending on the specific material used
Tile flooring styles
- Tile is available in a huge assortment of sizes, colors, patterns, and finishes
- Grout color can be customized to match or contrast with your choice of tile
- Accent tiles, mosaics, and pattern options are limited only by the imagination and give your home a unique look
Considerations when shopping for tile flooring:
- Some tile surfaces can be slick, especially when wet, while other types of tile provide greater traction.
- Standing for long periods on a stone or tile floor can result in sore or tired feet
- Tile does not retain heat well, so floors may feel cold to bare feet in winter
Tile Backsplashes in Westchester NY:
Tile Backsplashes serve two purposes. First, they are functional as they protect the walls from water and splashing food. Second, they are decorative – often the final stage of kitchen design.
Backsplashes need to work harmoniously with the rest of the kitchen – what are the colors/styles of the cabinets, countertops and floors? And, how does the backsplash fit into that? Said another way, what is the visual role of the backsplash? Is it to blend in the background (so your eye focuses on the granite and/or cabinets), is it to tie the colors of the room together? Or, is it meant to be a visual focal point? These questions help us start to narrow our focus?
Left picture is a very simple and clean subway tile. This is a white ceramic and it’s in a bricklay which not only is very stylish, but the shape helps elongate the space making it appear larger.
Below is the same shape but with a natural stone – a durango limestone. Notice how beauty of natural color variation and how it ties in well with the granite.
You can also get more decorative. You can insert matching granite pieces or even add some metal or glass pieces.
Additional information on tiles and tile flooring
Check out what our customers are saying about us.
Map of Westchester, NY
Tile Flooring and Backsplashes in Westchester County NY