When it comes to pets, what is the best type of carpet for our furry friends?
We love our pets and we are a very pet friendly company…In fact, each of us has at least one cat or dog. We also understand that they can do a number on carpeting making it a challenge to keep them clean. Let’s face it, sometimes, pets have accidents – whether it’s a pet stain or just shedding fur, carpets can wear down faster with dogs and cats.
Thankfully, there is a new carpet solution in the marketplace that is perfect for pets. It’s invented by Stainmaster®, the leaders in carpet stain protection, and it’s called PetProtect®.
Please note that this article may contain affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.
What are the benefits of Stainmaster®’s PetProtect® line?
- Resists pet stains – Stainmaster® Pet Protect® carpet is solution dyed and made with SuperiorSD™ nylon fiber so it’s color safe. It has built-in stain protection and it locks in the color so it resists fading. It also can be cleaned with powerful peroxide based cleaning agents for more thorough cleaning of pet accidents (but we would recommend that you contact the manufacturer to double check which cleaning products they recommend).
- Reduces pet odor – When Stainmaster Pet Protect is installed with a moisture barrier carpet cushion (such as TripleTouch carpet pad) or Stainmaster® Carpet Cushion, it reducers pet odor when it’s cleaned. That’s because the carpet cushion with breathable moisture barrier prevents the pet accidents from soaking through the cushion and into the sub-floor. This allows better cleaning as well as odor reduction. The upgraded carpet cushion also extends the manufacturer warranty.
- Releases pet hair – it uses a proprietary technology which is more anti-static making it easier to vacuum pet hair. This means less pet fur left behind and less on your clothes. It can also reduce your time vacuuming.
Video – Stainmaster® PetProtect®
Other reasons you’ll love Stainmaster®’s PetProtect® line:
- Durability – Stainmaster Pet Protect is made with the highly durable SuperiaSD™ nylon fiber, so it provides superior resistance to household traffic from kids and pets. This fiber helps the carpet retain its texture and original appearance.
- Soft comfort – I was pleasantly surprised at how soft this durable carpet felt. Soft for your feet and great if you or your kids spend time playing games on the floor.
- Variety of styles – They offer solid texture (or cut pile carpets) as well as several with subtle tone on tone patterns. And, I expect them to continue to offer more styles and textures over time.
- Pet warranties – Stainmaster® PetProtect® carpet offers the best pet limited warranty offered by Stainmaster®. Believe it or not, the warranty covers urine, feces and vomit. It also comes with limited warranties on food and beverage stains, soiling, fading, texture loss and static shock.
Superior fiber technology – more technical facts
- Stainmaster® nylon 6,6 carpet fiber is one of the most durable fibers in the industry. This type of fiber is used in these performance critical applications:
- Engine components
- Color fast – Solution dyed – this means that the color was added BEFORE the fiber was spun so it’s locked-in. The analogy here is to think about a carrot where the orange color is found throughout the vegetable whereas other fibers are like an apple where the color is only on the outside fiber and not all the way through. In addition, it resists fading from intense sunlight (UV). By the way “colorfast” isn’t the same thing as “stain resistant.” That is something entirely different…see below.
- The superior technology comes from INVISTA’s commercial fibers division – where carpet fibers are designed to withstand more punishment than the typical residential household can dish out. Even after repeated foot traffic, soiling as well as cleaning, their carpet stayed newer-looking longer.
- Inherently stain resistant – The SuperiaSD™ solution-dyed 6,6 nylon fiber has been modified. This polymer modification — not the fact that it is solution dyed — is the real reason why this nylon fiber resists stains so well. Unlike other fibers which have stain protection treatment added to the fiber, this one doesn’t need any! …So, since the stain protection is built in, it won’t wash off with carpet cleaning.
- LotusFX® Fiber Shield -This is a technology that Stainmaster® created that makes their carpets stay cleaner longer. It resists most liquids, provides exceptional soil protection, cleans up better than carpets made with Triexta. With repeated foot traffic, soiling and cleaning, their carpets stayed newer-looking longer and is superior to Triexta carpets (i.e. SmartStrand).
Stainmaster® is the most recognized and most trusted carpet brand in the country. Their carpets are certified. Stainmaster® PetProtect® Carpet is unsurpassed in stain protection. If you have pets (or kids), this is a great carpet option. It’s stylish, soft and durable.
Related articles about pets and flooring:
I wrote this e-book to help new home buyers make smart decisions when looking for homes with hardwood floors…or looking to buy a home and then add hardwood. I’ve packaged all of my best tips into this book and hope it will help you make smarter choices in your flooring choices and in buying a home that can support high quality floors.
Did you find my tips helpful? If so, feel free to buy me a coffee and support my blog
What is the best carpet for pets? Stainmaster® PetProtect® | Great for dogs and cats